I saw the reading version of this on Carol Cork’s blog and thought, since I am both a reader and a writer, that I’d adapt it a bit and do both activities. Here’s what I’m working on. What are you reading and/or writing?
1. Which novel are you currently reading and the author? Undeniable Rogue by Annette Blair
2. What is the opening line of the book? By this time tomorrow, he would be wed.
3. What are the hero and heroine’s names? (on the remote chance you’re not reading a romance, give the name of the main character). The hero is Gideon St. Goddard, Duke of Stanthorpe. The heroine is Mrs. Sabrina Whitcomb.
4. What is the first sentence of the second paragraph of Chapter 9? Then he placed her hand on his arm and covered it, possessively, with his own.
5. What’s next on your TBR pile? Any one of about 400 books!
1. Which novel are you currently writing? A second-chance Regency romance titled The Only Exception.
2. What is the opening line of the book? Kate Sedgley stood in the center of her uncle’s study, waiting for him to finish writing in the leather-bound ledger on his desk.
3. What are the hero and heroine’s names? (on the remote chance you’re not writing a romance, give the name of the main character). The hero is John Kendall, Earl of Wrexham. The heroine is Miss Katherine Sedgley, otherwise known as Kate.
4. What is the first sentence of the second paragraph of Chapter 9? I haven’t gotten to Chapter 9 yet 😀
5. What’s next on your TBW (To Be Written) pile? The untitled Christmas novella I started working on a few weeks ago (I’m working on it simultaneously with this one, actually).
5 thoughts on “Reading/Writing Fun: Quick 5”
Cora, thank you for sharing my idea and for the mention. It’s a lovely compliment.
1. Secrets of a Wedding Night by Valerie Bowman
2. Boom. Boom. Boom.
The blows on the door echoed through the foyer.
3. The hero is Devon Morgan, Marquis of Colton and the heroine is Lily Andrews, Countess of Merrill.
4. “I’ve heard she’s set her sights on Lord Medford. ”
5. Comanche Heart by Catherine Anderson
That looks like fun! And what a great open 😀
This is my first Valerie Bowman book and I am thoroughly enjoying it.
Awesome! I don’t think I’ve read anything of hers yet–I’ll have to put her on my list 🙂
Sorry, No. 5 should have read – Comanche Magic by Catherine Anderson